In this past decade, the sheer number of blogs dedicated to finance has only exploded. Some have survived. Some haven't. Some have come back from the dead (that probably should've remained buried). Despite the high number of finance blogs out there, though, only a handful offer valuable advice and solid guidance.
We went ahead and compiled our own list of favorite finance blogs, added a few new ones that we only recently discovered and then sprinkled in a short list of finance blogs that TIME Magazine rated as their top picks.
- CFO.com – This blog is geared directly toward finance executives. It’s a complete digital source of financial information, reporting on many top finance topics like accounting, capital-raisings, risk management, and even career development.
- Harvard Business Review – This blog can single-handedly influence real-world change through its advice on strategy, innovation, and leadership. It's hard to beat that.
- The Wealth Report – Robert Frank, author of the Wealth Report, places particular emphasis on the rich. The very, very rich.
- The Big Picture – The Big Picture includes guest posts from other financial planning and markets professionals. They help provide coverage on fresh economic releases and breaking news.
- The Reformed Broker - Joshua Brown is a New York City based financial advisor and CEO of Ritholtz Wealth Management. His blog covers various topics, including: markets, politics, economics, media, culture, and finance.
- Business Insider – If you’re looking for all things business and economic news, this is the blog for you. Truth be told, it’s hedging towards curated news vs. much original analysis, but it’s still worth the read.
- The Consumerist – This blog is a dedicated consumer advocacy site that responds to all the latest consumer complaints, news, and trends. Its followers are willing passengers on the bandwagon.
- Freakonomics - The Freakonomics story grew out of a “profound reluctance” between New York journalist and author, Stephen J. Dubner, and award-winning economist Steven D. Levitt. The partnership between these two men has evolved from book to a blog to documentary to a radio show. Their posts are fun, fascinating, and crank out some of the most entertaining personal stories. It’s a must-subscribe!
We’ve taken a few lessons from these finance blogs with our online blog resource Hubbleology. If you haven’t done so already, check it out. We designed it to be a performance-driven professional’s favorite messenger of all things related to business performance management and financial planning.