Business moves at a faster clip than ever before. Your choice? Either beat the competition or get devoured. Success or failure depends on how you choose to manage the entire performance and health of your organization. Better business outcomes are the result of best practices, accompanied with solid strategies by strong leaders.
We’re not talking about simple reporting of budgets and actuals. A modern approach to continuous planning, budgeting, and forecasting is essential, so you can exploit opportunities and redirect when markets fluctuate. But that can only be done if your performance management is tied to real-time data from your core processes. Big data abounds, but more often than not companies find their most crucial performance information littered in spreadsheets across departments. The result? Key opportunities and learnings are looked over, collaboration remains elusive, and accountability is non-existent.
With a holistic solution of integrated reporting, analytics, and planning, your company can grow faster and collaborate better. You can make key corporate initiatives visible to your stakeholders, all while aligning and tracking accountability.
A robust solution isn’t mere bells and whistles. Sure, a user-friendly product is essential for self-service. And, most employees – from the C-suite to millennials – love rich visuals. These features are wonderful, but not enough to propel you to success if your solution is not firmly tied to one source of data – your ERP.
Why? Because your ERP is fantastic at recording thousands of data entries and transactions across your organization in real time. But an ERP by design is unwieldy and difficult to use. It doesn’t produce easy-to-understand visuals effectively. A complementary solution is required to better extract and present all that data. You want to be focused on planning, forecasting and setting goals, not chasing data.
Why should you care about comprehensive performance management?
If your company needs to stay ahead of the competition, you too need to stay relevant in your job. Your skills and responsibilities must evolve. The status quo may be comfortable, but it probably isn’t helping you do the best job possible. Whether you are the head of Finance, IT, HR, or Operations, you want to make informed strategic decisions based on accurate data. You want to be able to get the info you need, when you need it. You don’t want to be bogged down in a labor-intensive process of extrapolating data. You want a solution that can help you translate raw numbers into better performance – for yourself and for your company.
Imagine these scenarios:
- As a Finance professional, you are stuck in never-ending reporting cycles, without an opportunity to properly forecast and guide the company on strategic objectives. You need a solution that allows you to quickly share reports via web-based dashboards that track financial performance and progress against company-wide KPIs. You want drill-down ability into large data sets to identify problems. You require automation of mundane tasks to reduce error and remain compliant. You seek a “single source of truth” from all company departments, rather than siloed data across your organization. You are exhausted from Excel version control.
- As a key member of the IT team, your bandwidth is at maximum capacity. You can’t be relegated to pulling data from the ERP for each and every department. You seek to implement self-service options for your company, so you can focus on other key IT initiatives. You want to avoid over-investing in outdated ERP tools. You want the C-suite to be impressed with rich, easy-to-interpret visuals on company performance.
- As the head of Operations, supply chain and workforce management through Excel has really got you down. You need real-time visibility into labor costs, margins, site efficiency and compliance alerts. The last thing you need is to find out about a problem after it’s too late to correct it. Immediate visibility into workforce management and compliance tracking will keep you on point for profitability and compliance goals. Mobile access to dashboards will keep you informed on-site.
- You are a human resources pro who is trying to get a handle on hiring and turnover, but can’t access current employee data without asking for help from IT. You want to be able to make quick, strategic hires and provide transparency across departments. You want to stay a step ahead of the competition, because they are also trying to hire the best in the industry.
In this handy success kit, you’ll find a variety of resources that will help you find, implement, and reap the benefits from a robust reporting, analytics, and planning solution. EBook tutorials, datasheets, and video demos are just a few of the tools you’ll find to help your organization move beyond simple number crunching into comprehensive and overarching business performance management.
You will learn:
- How Excel is killing your ability to effectively manage business performance
- How to move away from simple reports to key performance indicators
- How to get the most value from your business performance management software
- How to create a great corporate dashboard
- What is changing in the analytics landscape
- How to drive a high-performance organization
- What makes a modern planning solution
- Cost calculations for evaluating management solutions
Is your reporting, analytics, and planning optimized so your company can reach full potential? Be sure to download this success kit to sprint ahead of your competitors.